Friday, November 26, 2010

frenchmen, heavy metal & a snowman.

Well, I have said it before and I will say it again, Im not exactly on top of things when it comes to blogging. Its been about a week and a half, yet it feels like its been a month. What can I say, I havent been terribly out going although I did go to the local Cegep to take a rock climbing course, for those of you who have no idea as to what a Cegep is, its an educational center which is mandatory for Quebec residents to attend before entering university. It was quite intimidating, almost like the first day of school all over again, not knowing if your going to make friends or even enjoy yourself for that matter. Well, I did meet both Gabriel & Matthieu, two frenchman in their final year. Although friendly, I cant say their english was wonderful however with myself speaking in french and the two of them responding in english, it was in a sense, good language practice.

Did I mention I also had the priveledge of witnessing a heavy metal band in quite possibly the dirtiest hole in the wall known to man kind? it was interesting to say the least. The small town of Sept-Iles has recieved more snow within the past few days, then they have in the past few winter seasons. Seeing as how its my favorite season and I was slightly distraught over missing a Winnipeg winter with mounds of snow, I was overjoyed when I woke up Wednesday morning to a winter wonderland. I even enjoyed some winter activities with the boys in the backyard that evening. Tomorrow looks as if it will be spent roaming around town, possibly dropping a few 20s on some Christmas gifts, and hopefully sitting around with some Earl Grey Tea. That sounds about right!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got some snow too! I hope you are going to drop at LEAST five 20s on my gifts! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your spirits are up!
    How did you find yourself at a Heavy Metal concert and most importantly, in the dirtiest hole in the wall? Sounds intriguing..

    So happy you got snow!

    ReplyDelete